Once, deleting an Instagram account was a simple affair and was done through the social app settings.
After the acquisition by Facebook, the option to delete was suddenly hidden, as was the option to deactivate an Instagram account.
We have found the option to permanently delete an Instagram account and then let you know everything you need to know.
What do I need to know before deleting my Instagram account?
Deleting your account will delete your profile, photos, videos, stories, comments, likes, and followers immediately and permanently.
Fortunately, everything can be booked for offline use (see below).
Also, you should know that the username you use in your account locks after deletion and cannot be reused in another account in the future. So you should be careful if you are likely to reuse it and disable it instead of deleting the account.
You also need access to your account to delete, otherwise, there is no other way.
Finally, deleted accounts cannot be activated again by the Instagram team.
How do I keep a copy of all my Instagram photos, videos and stories?
Before permanently deleting it, it is advisable to keep all your account information. If you do not wish to do so, proceed with the deletion process below.
The following procedure was implemented on an Android device.
- Open the Instagram app and select the last little icon from the horizontal menu.
- At the top right of the screen, tap the three-line icon.
- In the menu that appears, tap the “Settings” option at the bottom.
- In the new menu, select “Security”.
- Then click “Download Data”.
- In the new screen, enter an email in the field where you will receive the link to download all of your Instagram account information.
- Click the “Request” option.
- Then type in your Instagram account password to confirm that the application is requesting to you and not to a third party.
- When you’re ready, click ‘Next’ at the top right. If all goes well, then the next screen should read “Request for data sent”. At this point, you will have to wait until you receive the email to continue the process below.
- Open the email titled “Your Data on Instagram” and click on the blue “Download Data” option.
- The link will not open in-app but in the browser. Enter your username and password in both fields to sign in to Instagram.
- Click on the ‘Connect’ option.
- Once you have successfully logged in, click on the ‘Download Data’ link on the new page.
A .zip compressed file and your username in its name will download to your device and contain everything from your Instagram account, from comments and messages to all your photos, videos and stories.
How do I permanently delete my Instagram account?
The deletion process is out of the application, so you can follow it on either a mobile device or a computer. I did it on a smartphone.
- Click here. At this point, if you are not logged into Instagram you will be prompted to log in before proceeding.
- Select one of the reasons you are deleting. Instagram will try to suggest solutions to you depending on your choice.
- Enter your account password in the text field.
- Then click on “Delete my account permanently”.
- A popup box will appear to ask if you are sure of your choice. Click ‘OK’.
If all went well, you will see the message “Your account has been removed. We’re sorry you don’t want to use it! “And your account will be permanently deleted.
As we said before, there is no refund, his username cannot be reused and all information is permanently lost.